Our FAQ section contains links to a variety of questions we have been asked to answer in the past. We have the "Top Ten" most asked questions ad a section that categorizes the list of FAQ's.
If you see any we have missed, or you cannot find the answer to your question, please let us know. We update this list frequently to serve you better.
To update your email address or Password:
1. Go to the User Profile screen.
2. Sign In with your current Username and Password and click Submit.
3. Edit the appropriate field(s) and click Submit when finished.
1. Go to the Account Lookup page.
2. Enter your Username or the email address you used when you created your account.
3. Click on Submit.
4. Your Password will be reset and emailed to the address we have on file.
You can logout of your portfolio by clicking the Logout link, which is located on the upper left corner of the site.Back to top
Use the Buy/Sell tab to add/delete items to your portfolio.Back to top
To list your holdings in the Watchlist section of our home page:
1. Click on Customize Now (located at the bottom of the Watchlist section).
2. Once the Watchlist launches, Sign In, and select Save Password.
3. Click on Refresh or Reload on your browsers tool bar.
Currently, Java does not fully support printing. We are working on alternate methods to enable our users to print Java and will make this available in the months to come. You can, however, try Netscape 4.5 or above, which in some cases works.
In the meantime try the following method:
1. Press Alt-PrintScrn to take a screen-shot of your browser window.
2. Then, launch an image-editing program like PhotoShop or MS Paint.
3. Create a new document and paste your clipboard image into it by pressing Ctrl-V
4. Print from your paint program.
Yes. SmartMoney gives you both options.
To import your portfolio:
1. Log in to your portfolio and click on the Import tab.
2. Select the file from your computer that you want to import. Then select the file type of that file.
3. Choose to create a new portfolio or overwrite an existing portfolio with the imported file.
4. Click on the Import File button.
To export your portfolio:
1. Log in to your portfolio and click on the Export tab.
2. Select the portfolio that you want to export.
3. Choose a file type.
4. Set a delimiter if the file type is CSV.
5. Click Submit to apply.
In order to display your holdings in the Portfolio Map, first you will need to add this information into your portfolio. Once this is completed, your information will automatically get transferred to the portfolio map.Back to top
Our services do not include online trading. However, our site can offer you the tools you need to make the right decisions. Try looking in areas such as Stock Watch and Fund Insight.