Unfortunately, this is not possible. Every real-time data feed has different network protocols for distributing their data, and MapStation uses its own protocol, which is specific to our data feed services.Back to top
1. MapStation does not automatically launch an Internet connection, so be sure that you initiate your Internet connection first.
2. Certain restrictive firewall and proxy server configurations may prevent MapStation from receiving market data. If you are behind a firewall, contact your network administrator to set up special permission. To access MapStation from behind a firewall, your administrator must grant full access to port 1825 for the following hosts:
For delayed version:quotedelayed.smartmoney.com.
For real-time version:quotereal.smartmoney.com.
1. Locate the startup.log file in the MapStation directory, C:\Smartmoney\Mapstation.
2. Copy the file's content and email it to Customer Service.
1. Access your MapStation folder in the following directory: C:\Smartmoney\MapStation
2. Next, confirm that the above directory contains the following files:
Folder called: jre
Within JRE, folder called: bin
File called: javaw.exe (with several other files)
If all the files and folders exist, double-click the smartmap.exe file in the C:\smartmoney\mapstation folder. If the application runs, it is an indication of a path problem. To rectify the path problem, make a shortcut of the smartmap.exe file rather than copying it.
To create a shortcut:
1. Right-click the smartmap.exe file in the MapStation folder.
2. Select Create Shortcut from the pop-up menu.
3. Click-and-drag the newly created icon to the desktop.
These two error messages indicate that the application could not read a specific file. This is usually an indication that a directory or its content has been moved after the installation process. To resolve the problem, you must re-install MapStation.Back to top
1. Be sure you have the latest version of MapStation installed.
2. Access the troubleshoot wizard from the Start menu > Smartmoney folder.
3. In the wizard tool, go to display panel, and select 'Disable direct draw'.
4. Click on Next then Finish to exit the wizard.
5. Launch MapStation.
Unfortunately, the various views (map, table, news, etc.) cannot be detached from the main window as we currently do not support dual monitor configurations. We will add this suggestion to our list of suggested enhancements for future versions.Back to top
Certain restrictive firewall and proxy server configurations may prevent MapStation from receiving market data. If you are behind a firewall, contact your network administrator to set up special permission. To access MapStation from behind a firewall, your administrator must grant full access to port 1825 for the following hosts:
For delayed version: quotedelayed.smartmoney.com.
For real-time version: quotereal.smartmoney.com.
A gray square indicates that we're missing some relevant data. For example, if you map five-year growth rates, a company founded two years ago would be colored gray. If your map has many gray squares, you may be looking at a broadly inapplicable statistic (for example, mapping long-term debt for a group of mutual funds).Back to top
No, it will not interfere with your current Java environment. We use the latest version of Java (version 1.2.2-001). MapStation can be installed over an existing version and can be uninstalled without affecting any pre-existing Java version.Back to top
Currently, MapStation is available for Windows only. However, we are working on providing the Mac version in the near furture.Back to top
The MapStation Key is a string of letters and numbers between 35 to 40 characters long. It was emailed to you when you registered to receive MapStation. It usually takes one hour to generate and send the MapStation Key to our users. Save the email with the MapStation Key in a safe place. If you delete or lose the email containing the key, please contact administration support. Be sure to include your Username and email address.Back to top
Although MapStation can run on less than the minimum requirements, the main limitation is memory. If you have 32MB or less, MapStation will use most of the available memory and make all other open applications run slower. This delay will increase as more securities are added.Back to top
The MapStation server is not currently SOCKS compliant and, therefore, cannot be used with a proxy server unless that proxy is transparent to TCP applications. Many proxies are specific to the application layer protocol (e.g., HTTP, Gopher, SOCKS, FTP, etc.) and since we are not using these protocols, these proxies will not work.Back to top
Send us an email with your request to Customer Service. Be sure to include the full name on your credit card and the service you wish to obtain. We will notify you via email when the service change on your account has been made.Back to top
1. From the Windows Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
2. Select Add/Remove Programs.
3. Select Smartmoney Mapstation and click Add/Remove.
To update MapStation to the latest version, select Option from your MapStation application menu and select Updates from the drop-down menu.Back to top
To access MapStation or correspond with administration support, use the same Username AND email address that you selected when registering for MapStation in the User Profile section.Back to top